Saturday, August 24, 2013

Home Alone

So some of you may be wondering what Adam's up to since his wife and kids are in Florence. Is he pining away at home? Is he moping about inconsolably? Is he bored out of his skull? Is he counting the days until his arrival in Tuscany?

Well, all of that, yes. But mostly he's been working long hours in preparation for the start of school at Providence College.

At the end of a ten hour Saturday, though, I decided to go downtown and do some walking of my own by a river. Tonight was a full lighting of Waterfire in Providence.


The river before lighting, with logs in braziers. (Don't know why it looks so pixelated, but I kind of like it -- like a Seurat painting!)


Along come the gondolas...


And the river after lighting!  Really a striking sight, and I'm glad I was able to see it again before leaving for Italy.


Of course, I couldn't resist the opportunity to enjoy a taste of a Rhode Island tradition!  It may not be the same as gelato artigianale, a walk by the Arno, or a trip to Florence -- but I will be there soon.  This is the second post today, by the way, so don't forget to check out my family's adventures in Fiesole!

A piĆ¹ tardi!

No comments:

Post a Comment